Saturday rides provide easy rides of a little longer distance than the Wednesday evenings – suitable for members wishing to progress or for those who cannot make mid-week rides. Covering distances usually between 15 and 20 miles, many will use traffic free paths and canals etc. Most rides are suitable for mountain bikes, hybrids and road bikes
Any changes and more precise details of start locations are sent out in the Weekly Newsletter.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE GOVERNMENT HAVE AGAIN REVISED THE GUIDELINES AND WE ARE UNABLE TO RE-COMMENCE OUR PROGRAMME UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
ONCE WE DO RE START, EACH RIDE WILL BE ABOUT 15 MILES BUT WITH NO COFFEE STOP ALTHOUGH WE WILL TAKE SHORT REST STOPS. THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF 12 RIDERS ON EACH RIDE THERE WILL BE TWO GROUPS RIDING APPROXIMATELY 1 HOUR APART. NORMAL RIDE FEES WILL APPLY.
EACH RIDE MUST BE PRE-BOOKED AND ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BOOKED WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. THE FIRST 20 RIDERS TO BOOK WILL BE ALLOCATED A PLACE ON ONE OF THE RIDES. YOU CANNOT SWITCH FROM YOUR ALLOCATED TIME. THERE WILL BE A MAXIMUM OF 24 RIDERS (INCLUDING LEADERS) ON ANY DAY. THERE WILL BE NO “ON THE DAY” RIDES AVAILABLE
BOOKINGS WILL OPEN AT 7AM ON THE PREVIOUS SUNDAY AND REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 7PM ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE RIDE. ANY BOOKINGS RECEIVED OUTSIDE THESE TIMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. BOOKING WILL BE BY SIMPLE E-MAIL TO JIMCOURT@NTLWORLD.COM AND ALLOCATED TO ONE OF THE RIDES
The provisional opening rides are as follows: These are subject to alteration or cancellation if Government Guidelines change or instructions from the Cycling Organisations are varied. . We would stress that the success of the re-introduction is very dependent on everyone playing their part and obeying instructions and guidelines. If we can do this, we should all have a safe and enjoyable ride. More precise details will be in the Weekly Newsletter.
– Wythenshawe Park from Stockport. Leave 10am. A fairly flat urban, but interesting ride round the areas of Heaton Mersey, Wythenshawe and Heald Green. Leaders Andy Shaw, John , Andy Sykes and Graham
– Ladybrook Valley from Hazel Grove Leave 10am – A mix of on and off road paths through Bramhal and the Ladybrook Valley returning through Bruntwood and Cheadle Hulme. Leaders Tracey, Jim, Andy Pennell and Sarah
– Bollington from Hazel Grove. Leave 10am – A bit hillier ride through Pott Shrigley and Bollington to return via Prestbury. Leaders Andy Pennell, Sarah, Andy Shaw and Andy Sykes
– Alderley Edge from Woodford – Leave 10am – A new route heading out along the foothills to Mottram St Andrew and Alderley Edge bewfore returning through Handforth Leaders Andy Sykes, Jim, Andy Shaw and Graham
– Airport Circular from Bramhall. Leave 10am Heading out through minro roads to Heald Gree we follow part of the Orbital Cyclepath with some off road and a hill to Styal and a return on the Airport Link Road. Leaders Jim. Tracey, Andy Pennell and John
– Lymm from Broadheath, Altrincham. Leave 10am A regular route through the lanes to Lymm and return on more lanes. Fairly flat. Leaders Gill, Andy Shaw, Andy Pennell and Sarah
Category Key Charity Ride Monday Ride Other events Saturday Ride Social Event Sunday eXtra Ride Sunday Ride Touring Weekend Wednesday Ride