Saturday rides provide easy rides of a little longer distance than the Wednesday evenings – suitable for members wishing to progress or for those who cannot make mid-week rides. Covering distances usually between 15 and 20 miles, many will use traffic free paths and canals etc. Most rides are suitable for mountain bikes, hybrids and road bikes
Any changes and more precise details of start locations are sent out in the Weekly Newsletter.
THE GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS CURRENTLY LIMIT RIDES TO 6 RIDERS. AS WE FEEL THIS WOULD NOT BE VIABLE, WE ARE SUSPENDING RIDES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WHEN IT IS POSSIBLE, WE WILL INTRODUCE A TEMPORARY PROGRAMME
EACH RIDE WILL BE ABOUT 15 MILES BUT WITH NO COFFEE STOP ALTHOUGH WE WILL TAKE SHORT REST STOPS. THERE WILL BE A LIMIT OF 12 RIDERS ON EACH RIDE WITH THE PROVISION OF AN EXTRA OVERFLOW RIDE. NORMAL RIDE FEES WILL APPLY.
EACH RIDE MUST BE PRE-BOOKED AND ANYONE WHO HAS NOT BOOKED WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. THE FIRST 12 RIDERS TO BOOK WILL BE ALLOCATED A PLACE. IN THE EVENT OF MORE THAN 12 BOOKINGS, THE NEXT 12 WILL BE ALLOCATED TO AN OVERFLOW RIDE LEAVING A LITTLE LATER. YOU CANNOT SWITCH FROM YOUR ALLOCATED TIME. THERE WILL BE A MAXIMUM OF 24 RIDERS ON ANY DAY. THERE WILL BE NO “ON THE DAY” RIDES AVAILABLE
BOOKINGS WILL OPEN AT 7AM ON THE PREVIOUS SUNDAY AND REMAIN OPEN UNTIL 7PM ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE RIDE. ANY BOOKINGS RECEIVED OUTSIDE THESE TIMES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. BOOKING WILL BE BY SIMPLE E-MAIL TO JIMCOURT@NTLWORLD.COM AND ALLOCATED TO ONE OF THE RIDES
The provisional opening rides are as follows: These are subject to the Government and Cycling Organisations relaxing the Rules on Social Distancing and allowing more riders. We cannot operate rides under the 2-metre Social distancing requirement or with a maximum of 6 riders. More precise details will be in the Weekly Newsletter.
– Wythenshawe Park from Stockport. Leave 10am. Leaders Andy Shaw, John , Neil and Graham
– Ladybrook Valley from Hazel Grove Leave 10am – Leaders Tracey, Jim, Andy Pennell and Sarah
– Bollington from Hazel Grove. Leave 10am – Leaders Andy Pennell, Sarah, Neil and Tracey
– Alderley Edge from Deanwater, Woodford – Leave 10am – Leaders Andy Sykes, Jim, Tracey and Graham
– Airport Circular from Bramhall. Leave 10am Leaders Jim. Andy Pennell, Andy Sykes and John
– Lymm from Broadheath, Altrincham. Leave 10am Leaders Gill, Andy Pennell, Andy Shaw and Neil
Category Key Charity Ride Monday Ride Other events Saturday Ride Social Event Sunday eXtra Ride Sunday Ride Touring Weekend Wednesday Ride