These are the terms and conditions of the Stockport Community Club Website.
This disclaimer governs your use of our website. By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full. If you disagree with any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
Limitation of liability
While we try to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall SCCC be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, SCCC materials.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
If you are dissatisfied with any SCCC material, or with any of SCCC’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the SCCC website.
This agreement is effective until terminated by SCCC, at any time without notice. In the event of termination, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
Cycling is a healthy activity but always consult your own GP if you are in any way concerned about your health.
All content on our website or emails from us are provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional.
We are not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by a user based on the content of the SCCC website or emails from SCCC members and officers.
All participants agree that they are responsible for their own safety whilst taking part in club activities. SCCC and its members and officials shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused during these activities.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved
Licence to use website
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print content from the website for your own personal use, subject to these restrictions – you must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material from the website
- show any material from the website in public
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution, such as our newsletter.
If you have any questions about our policies and/or terms and conditions please write to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We may revise this disclaimer from time-to-time. The revised disclaimer will apply to the use of our website from the date of the publication of the revised disclaimer on our website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website. We use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our club which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website and
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
International data transfers
Personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others. You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password, except when you log in to the website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00) and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Website Linking Policy
We welcome links to this website made in accordance with the terms of this linking policy. By using this website you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this linking policy.
Links pointing to this website should not be misleading.
Appropriate link text should be always be used.
You must not use our logo to link to this website (or otherwise) without our express written permission.
This website includes links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These links are not endorsements or recommendations.
We have no control over the contents of third party websites, and SCCC accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Removal of links
You agree that, should we request the deletion of a link to our website that is within your control, you will delete the link promptly.
If you would like us to remove a link to your website that is included on this website, please contact us. Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.